Old 25-06-2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
BradH BradH is offline

Default Help identifying tree

Awesome input... I greatly appreciate it.. I have never attempted to
move a tree before.. The trunk is larger than my hand can fit
around.. How would I go about moving it.. I mean... like how far
should I dig out around it, I guess how much roots should I get??
Should I trim it down some before attempting to move it?

Looking at the specs of a mature width of 15 feet... this would be a
real problem with the house where it's at... I was thinking about
chopping it down, but I'd love to move it.. it really is a nice
looking tree.. I'm just wondering if i'd be able to successfully move
it without killing it.. I'll have to get the utilities marked because
I know my gas and water lines run around there... that's the other
thing, it might be easier to cut it down as low as I can, I'm assuming
that would kill it... Thanks Again.