Old 25-06-2007, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default flowers for a 2 year old...

On 25/6/07 09:49, in article
, "dj"
wrote:

My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Being a bit of a useless gardener, does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Nasturtiums are good and if you plant mustard and cress she - or you - can
eat that, too. Bizzie Lizzies can be bought as little plants and with three
or four in a biggish pot you'll have loads of colour right now.
Another thing that helps deal with the lack-of-patience factor is if you
have grandparents that she visits. Plant something with her at their house
and when she visits it will have had time to grow! But it will be her
special bit of the grandparent garden.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk