Old 25-06-2007, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Paul Simon Paul Simon is offline

Default Worried about my Aerangis Verdicosa

I've had this problem before and have attached a picture. It is Aerangis
verdikii. After I had it a year or two the leaves began to turn orange and
then one of the bottom ones fell off. I moved it to a shadier part of
greenhouse where almost all the rest of the leaves fell off, too. Gradually
two keikis have developed and it seems to be doing better.

I don't think it was just the change from sun to shade, but watering.
During the summer I have an automatic mister with a humidistat and they get
plenty of water. We have very soft water up here, direct from the Sierra
(Hetch Hetchy). I did notice that the leaves on your plant look a little
shriveled and that the roots were white. Try some more water. I would also
mist or water the plant at least every day.

PS a little hint. Every spring I put a bead or two of Osmocote or Nutricote
behind the main stem of the mounted plants so that they get a steady dose of
fertilizer whenever they get wet.

Paul

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I am worried abou my Aerangis Verdicosa. The leaves seem to shrivel then
turn this pinkish
orangy color & drop off. I have lost two other African species the same
way.
What to do?
They get watered twice a week in this warm weather & reside in my slightly
warmer intermediate g/h environment.
Any tips would be appreciated.
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Worried about my Aerangis Verdicosa-aer.-verdikii.jpg