Old 25-06-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses
Jeffrey L. Kline Jeffrey L. Kline is offline

Default does anyone know what type rose this is?

Check out Peppermint Twist. Mine is kinda a hot pink.

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in message

Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no
ID with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and
the price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find the rose and the
company online, but no luck. Of course the people at walmart don't have a
clue. Does anyone know what type it is? I would like to know the name
and the characteristics of the plant itself. I know from my other roses
that different type roses prefer different lighting, amounts of water,
etc.

It's a mini rose, has pink blossoms with white stripes. At first bloom,
the pink is like a hot pink color, as the bloom ages, it becomes a lighter
color pink. I've found varieties online that were similiar, but the
colors were red and burgendy, not pink, so not sure if it the same with a
different color variation.

Should be able to copy and paste the links to your browser or to just
click. If it doesn't work, let me know and I will try something else.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose009.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose008.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose007.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose006.jpg[/IMG]