Old 31-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Keith Stelter

Default Advice on Sears lawn tractor

Yeah,
I gotta go with you on Kohler.
Roller bearings, better cylinders, etc.
There is reason that a 10 HP Kohler is twice as much $$ as a 10 HP Briggs!
I live near South Bend, Indiana and LOTS of people around here still have
Gravely mowers!

"Bonnevilles Rawk" wrote in message
I'm partial to Kohler engines and Gravely tractors. Though neither has
anything to do with Pontiac but Gravely was a division of Studebaker.

In article , says...
can't say much for the mower it's self but the motor will be an

excellent
one.........briggs and stratton is bout the best around!
"Mike" wrote in message
I am about to purchase a brand new Sears lawn tractor, Craftsman 20HP

with
42" mower deck for $1200.00 (US) It is a Briggs and Stratton twin

cylinder
overhead valve engine. I have just less then 1 acre of land, I know

this
is
much more then I need but sounds like a great deal.

Just wondering if anyone may have good or bad experience with Sears

tractors
or the same engine. It is a 6 speed transmission. Sears is having a
special for $1200.00.

Any feedback on this tractor or even any other Sears Lawn tractors

would
be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,