Old 25-06-2007, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default flowers for a 2 year old...

Wane Smooth writes
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 01:49:19 -0700, dj wrote:

My darling 2 year old is loving gardening at the moment. She loves
watering plants and watching them grow. (She also loved pulling up the
tomato plants we had planted together and running around the garden
with them...)

She also loves flowers. Picking them that is.

I thought the best plant for her would be something which grows fast,
and has lots of tiny flowers. Preferably in a pot.

Being a bit of a useless gardener, does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,not a flower I know but,carrot tops in a saucer of water are good
one for kids. Quick,easy and could even be described as pretty to a two
year old.

Add parsnip tops, runner beans, mustard and cress and a couple of
plastic dinosaurs.
--
Kay