Old 25-06-2007, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT query - allergic reaction

On 25/6/07 22:20, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jun 25, 2:23 pm, Sacha wrote:
Has anyone been having allergic reactions this year who doesn't normally get
them? I'm suffering a bit with my eyes and have never, ever had hay fever
in my life. They've been watery and a little itchy and the pharmacist told
me that they've seen a lot of people this year who've never had complaints
before. It's not an infection, apparently, just a reaction.

This year for the first time, I have suffered from symptoms just as
you describe above. Edward tells me that I have become sensitive to
pollen. I also have a small difficulty with breathing occasionally
and I am just hoping that I am not becoming asthmatic in my old age.

Judith

Oh dear, this does sound a bit familiar - see my reply re asthma upthread
and earlier bronchitis. My mother suffers from bronchitis and is 89 but
until I moved to Devon I'd never had it. In fact, I was very indignant when
I was told that's what I had. However there are times now when I find
myself short of breath in a small way, too and now I'm getting all these
replies on urg, things are starting to come together.
I hate going to the doc at the best of times but with such vague symptoms,
it's even more embarrassing. But shortness of breath is definitely a
feature in my life - I hadn't tied it all together.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk