Old 26-06-2007, 01:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Spragg Andy Spragg is offline

Default Daisyless Livingstone daisies

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 17:51:20 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:48:57 +0100, K wrote:

Andy Spragg writes
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:46:26 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Andy Spragg" wrote ...
I planted a bed of Livingstone daisies a couple of months ago, having dug
and enriched the soil. The plants have grown really well - I've never seen
such healthy-looking mesembryanthemums - only fly in the ointment is not
one of them has yet produced a single flower. Any ideas what's going on
here?

Lack of sun.?

Hmm. Yes and no. They get plenty of full-on sun for three or four hours
first thing in the morning, but that's their lot.

Where the heck do you live? Rest of us haven't seen sun for weeks ;-)

Hello, K. Still in High Wycombe, about a mile down the road from the house
that you saw a few years ago. If you are the K I think you are, that is.

This is the group for blighted gardeners, who let Andy in?

Sorry, folks, I seem to have ruffled a few feathers by my apparent
implication that we have been getting a few hours sun every morning. What I
in fact meant was that of the hours available to my mesems, sunshine,
soaking up for the use of, only the first three or four are actually
available. After that the house gets in the way, even if non-stop rain
doesn't.

So you see, I'm not trying to cock any snooks. Can I stay and play for a
bit now?

Andy

--
spargeatbtinternetdotcom

Look after the sins of write-commission,
and the sins of read-omission will take care of themselves.