Old 26-06-2007, 02:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Question about tomatoes

*snip*

Butt right ahead gentle lady.

I'm happy to read that I won't have to replace the plants.

My main worry right now is that I'm going to burn out on green beans.
The recipe that I use for green beans can be used with carrots,
mushrooms, parsnips, and peas. But I need to find another variation so
that I don't lose interest in green beans since I seem to have brought
in a gusher of green beans.
--
Billy

ok, just to make sure we are completely on the same page............

your green beans are what us country folk call "string beans" right? or
are
you refering to lima beans as green beans.

I assumed the "string beans" in my first post, but i grow and cook both.
clarify my mind and we can possibly move onto recipes.........

Buttin' in! ;-)

He's gotta be talking about string beans. Otherwise he'd be mentioning
green (lima) beans and corn in the same breath.

Succotash. Ready for that, we are, soon as the corn comes in!

Charlie....buttin' out now

wanted to make sure..............lol
i've heard so many refer to green beans in various ways!

ok, well now, bill, you could can them for later use. they can be grilled
or fried.

you can boil them and season with bacon or ham bits, or butter (or a butter
substitute), cooked with boiled potatos is always good, pan sear for a crisp
taste, they are good for stir-fries (some soy sauce and carrot strips, maybe
a few water chestnuts) and then there is the ever famous string bean
casserole (with fried onion topping).

so take your pick................

rachael aka rae

not the rachael ray