Old 26-06-2007, 05:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Question about tomatoes

"Johnny" wrote in message
ups.com...
My tomato plants are four feet tall and are laden with full market
size green tomatoes. Seem to me that some should begin to ripen but
they continue to stay green. In fact it seems that they have been that
way for almost a month. When may i expect to see some ripe tomatoes?
BTW I'm in the north Atlanta area.
Thanks,
Johnny
raised-garden-bed.com

Just some reassurance here. Same story here, except one of the larger ones
has finally shown some orange hue to it. They'll probably all ripen within
a week of each other at this rate. Still making blooms as well.
Like the tomato to ripen on the plant, vice the window. Lot richer taste in
my opinion.
Dave