Old 26-06-2007, 06:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Question about tomatoes

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article , Charlie wrote:

Should only be a few days and we'll be enjoying the first haricots
verts. Same for the zuchinni. Cukes aren't far off.

Charlie

Do you know, off the top of your head or do I have to look it up, if
green beans need to be replanted to maintain production during the
season? One end of my row (1/3) is cranking. Beans every other day. the
other end has just set flowers and the middle s still growing. No, not
all planted at the same time.

I await you Delphic pronouncement.
--
Billy

buttin' in.......

i've never had to replant my green beans before. What I've grown usually
keeps re-producing all season,

buttin' out now,
Rae

Butt right ahead gentle lady.

I'm happy to read that I won't have to replace the plants.

My main worry right now is that I'm going to burn out on green beans.
The recipe that I use for green beans can be used with carrots,
mushrooms, parsnips, and peas. But I need to find another variation so
that I don't lose interest in green beans since I seem to have brought
in a gusher of green beans.
--
Billy

ok, just to make sure we are completely on the same page............

your green beans are what us country folk call "string beans" right? or are
you refering to lima beans as green beans.

I assumed the "string beans" in my first post, but i grow and cook both.
clarify my mind and we can possibly move onto recipes.........

Green bean, string beans, haricot verts it's all the same. I'm not
talkin' shelled beans.

Lay it on me.
--
Billy