Old 26-06-2007, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default "The time has come", said maddie, "to talk of many things in Faerie Holler............"

In article ,
"betsyb" wrote:

Travis, for some reason I thought they had a mirror thing I could watch the
surgery on? Made me nuts trying to figure what came next thru the plastic
screen they taped over the eye.

--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with
the intention of arriving safely in an attractive

BetsyB

"T r a v i s" wrote in message
"madgardener" wrote in message
I have cataracts in both eyes, diagnosed only two weeks ago but during
the stressful weeks prior, was at angst to wonder why my right vision
was so horrible and so quick to deteriorate, and then the left one
shortly afterwards. The diagnosis came at the pinnacle of personal
turmoil and wonders still unfolding and unfurling,and it all combined to
overwhelm me, and in the midst of all THAT, we were locked in a drought
that has still left us staggering with deficiencies of moisture in the
minus 9 inch marks......

Before I hear the tender love from those who have suffered and cured
this malady, friends who commiserate and still love me and are
concerned, those who miss me and just want confirmations that I AM
alright... let me assure you that squire has insurance that will snip
these buggers out and leave me only needing prescription reading glasses
of corrective natures with transitional lenses to protect my orbs from
the sun's damage. June 25th, the worst culprit, the right cataract,
comes out and I will be pressed to sit and listen...... and not lift more
than a fart and not bend from my waist and heal and hope I'm not the one
in one hundred who go blind or hemorrhage or suffer detached retina's but
do just fine, which I am not worried in the least. You get what you're
dealt. I got the luck of the draw with luckily having the kind of
buggers that grow extremely fast. In two weeks, I can't barely see to
drive at night, so I don't, the glare of sunlight causes me to not be
able to identify wild flowers, and I have two trolls sitting on my
eyeballs causing me distractions that I don't want or need right now
with all the other drama's in my sordid and blessed life at the moment.

July 10th the left eye gets taken care of and after that, a new
appreciation for things that I never took for granted in the first place
but will possibly be insufferable once I do heal and share with you
all......and then I will be seeking employment again, and have less time
to appreciate the ongoing wonders of Faerie Holler, but I will find the
time and there will be more things yet to come......

I had the cataract removed from my right eye on February 28th and the left
eye on March 6th. The eye doctor put in corrective lenses and now I only
need glasses to read. I was off work 3 weeks after the second eye was
done and everything has gone well since. I was wide awake during both
procedures, that was very weird but painless. I'm sure your experience
will be similar. Take it easy.

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

You get there eventually, it's your choice of how you do. If your
ambition is to have more toys than the others when you die, you may be
disappointed. If it is to live it the best you can, then you have a shot.
--
Billy