Old 26-06-2007, 08:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Question about tomatoes

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:08:39 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:32:27 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

My main worry right now is that I'm going to burn out on green beans.
The recipe that I use for green beans can be used with carrots,
mushrooms, parsnips, and peas. But I need to find another variation so
that I don't lose interest in green beans since I seem to have brought
in a gusher of green beans.

Green Beans Almondine....simple, delicious, a favorite 'round here.

Charlie

Whaaaaat? I gotta look it up? Come on already.

I've been doing that one for ages. My version is simple:

Nuke the cut-up green beans in the micro, covered, with a TBSP
or two of water. Saves all the nutrients that would get lost in
boiling water.

Meantime, grind TAMARI almonds in the Cuisinart, not too fine.

Sauter the almonds in butter. When toasty but not burned,
add the cooked beans, mix well, salt to taste. Consume!

The soy sauce flavor of the Tamari almonds makes all the diff.

Persephone