Old 26-06-2007, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Passiflora passion

On 24 Jun, 20:08, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
They are fairly tough, but won't survive their roots freezing. They
DEFINITELY need good drainage. Is it really an absolute that you can't
plant them?

Thank you Nick. My gut feelings told me to plant them too. I'm going
to reconsider. If I plant, they'll be at the food of a 60cm wall, then
wooden fence above - they'll have protection (plus winter care from
me) and perhaps will stand better freezing condition. Well drain it is
then. They got a bit battered yesterday - but we haven't had much rain
compared to Sheffield and Leeds. Sun is out today and looking quite
pleasant. Strange ...