Old 26-06-2007, 03:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
spampot spampot is offline

Default Question About European Linden Trees

spampot wrote:
Stephen Henning wrote:
spampot ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote:

Someone mentioned to me recently that there's a linden pest now in
the U.S.; anyone know anything about that? I'd been thinking of
getting a linden myself but this makes me pause.

According to Colorado Extension:

According to Vermont Extension and Wisconsin Extension:

The northeastern US has a Linden Borer that is a serious pest. Injury
to trees may be kept to a minimum by maintaining tree vigor and by
wrapping the lower trunk of newly planted trees with tarred paper for
a year or two until the tree is well established.

http://cecommerce.uwex.edu/pdfs/A3813.PDF

Thank you very much!

I guess now I have to decide how "northeastern" Howard County Maryland is.