Old 26-06-2007, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default So much rain!

On 26/6/07 16:23, in article ,
"David (Normandy)" wrote:

"cliff_the_gardener" wrote in message
ups.com...
David
Fancy an allotment?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8272033...7600198041848/

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Strange place to have an allotment - in the middle of a river?
Joking aside it must be awful getting your lotty flooded. Much damage?
I see on the news that much of the UK has suffered badly and people have
died.
Terrible business.
I've been tracking the rain fall on my rain gauge, hence my original
posting.
According to the forecast the weekend may be bad too. Unfortunately there is
little to be done to prevent all the damage. I'm just thankful our house and
garden are at the top of a slope so we are unlikely to get flooded.

David.

As small consolation, we have a bit of sun here, though followed by dark
clouds. And the barometer is going up a bit towards 'Fair'.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk