Old 31-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Ann

Default Blushing old ladies and young maidens, with boxes of spring scattered about

"madgarder" expounded:

but to buy a Forest Pansy Redbud

If I buy one more tree it'll be this one! That snow that visited you
is supposed to visit me tonight, we're expecting 2" or so from what I
hear.....I spent Saturday out in the yard/garden, last fall I didn't
clean up like I should, so I've got a real mess out there to deal
with. Got the front lawn and borders cleared out and raked, and
started along the side of the house (where the dog does her business,
it's been a long, cold, snowy winter and nothing much got picked up
out there....YUCK) before it started to heavy mist/rain, that cut my
day short, unfortunately. The crocus are just starting, they've been
shivering under all that snow and are finally free to bloom. It's
strange to see the snowdrops blooming with them, but they're all
making up for lost time. No daffs yet, but soon; I did see some early
primrose blossoms out in the wildflower garden, and a quick check
under the leaf litter in the woodland garden shows the dark form
Jeffersonia dubia is getting ready to shine. Hopefully my anemone
"Schraffts Double Pink" made it through, last year she looked like she
might be petering out, so I fussed about her a bit, some bone meal and
a good layer of compost to feed her. Even the johnny jump-ups are
late, not a single bloom out there, but they'll be shining their
little people-faces at me soon enough! I'll be ducking out of work
early this week to get in a few moments in the garden in the evening
before the sun goes down, weather permitting. Daylight savings starts
next weekend......more evening gardening to come!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA