Old 31-03-2003, 01:32 AM
it's me

Default Deer fence

DavesVideo wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to keep the deer out of my garden?

I have had pretty good luck with an electric fence. It is a single wire at
about 3' height and even though they could easily jump it, I think that because
it is hard to see, they learn to stay away from that area.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

Put Peanut Butter on the wire and when they lick it they'll get a shock
and learn to fear it. Saw this in a fence catalog for training the deer.

Kevin

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few
who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric
fence for themselves.
Will Rogers