Old 26-06-2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet

Persephone wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:27:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
roups.com...
The importance of Fruit and Vegetable Juices in your Diet
Fruits and Vegetable juices can do wonder to your health,find out
here :
http://www.foodone.blogspot.com

Paying attention in English class would've done wonders for your writing
ability.

Got a chuckle out of that one. English teachers today aren't that
far ahead of their students! Don't forget, except for the most
senior ones, they grew up and were "trained" in a "scholarly" climate
where grammar and syntax, not to mention spelling and punctuation,
(yes, I know they're part of g & s) are becoming forgotten arts.

Capitalizing nouns a la David is characteristic of a foreign writer.
German does it routinely; probably other languages as well? Which?

P.

The noun capitalization crime is not limited to foreigners. The crime is
committed by plenty of people who were born and (theoretically) raised here.
There's an organism in alt.autos.toyota who even made up a word to justify
his obnoxious capitalization habits. He said "It's done for
exemplification". Yeah, OK. That was just one of his multiple pathetic
explanations for his crimes.

I'm no miracle parent, but my son's 18 and his writing is a pleasure to
read. I attribute this to his mom and I looking over his schoolwork
constantly, and making little corrections here and there. If his teachers
let things slide, we pointed out excellent writing from sources whose
subject matter interested him at the time. Language is a beautiful thing.
It's nasty to let children grow up without knowing how to use it well. Don't
get me started about the road kill masquerading as a president at the
moment....