Old 27-06-2007, 01:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JimR JimR is offline

Default Terracing a yard

"jeffc" wrote in message
How hard is it to rent some sort of bobcat or whatever and dig out a
sloped yard to add terracing bricks and make flat spots separated by a
wall or two?

I didn't have any experience with a bobcat and was able to add good topsoil
to a side-yard, creating a gentle slope that became a garden. It was
terraced to the extent that I used a manufactured "Castle-wall" product to
make a 2-high "wall" define the edges of the garden and beginning of the
turf area. I had the fill dirt delivered and dumped, and I didn't find the
Bobcat hard to learn. In this area (countryside) permits and inspections
weren't an issue.

If the design had been more complex, required footings, etc., I would have
contracted it out. -- Regards