Old 27-06-2007, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Echinacea?

On 27/6/07 09:27, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:22:48 +0100
Sacha wrote:

On 26/6/07 22:41, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

I read somewhere that this could be used to help 'cure' colds.

Where will I find some?

Is it easy to grow?

How does one use it to make this miracle 'cure'?

Buy it at the chemist in a little bottle, Alan. Add drops to water - works
for me. Recent research seems to show that it does indeed help with colds
and their symptoms.

Sometimes available in capsule form, as well.

My wife's been taking it in winter for years, only break by oncologist's
advice
during a recent bout with cancer.

I hope that's resolved itself satisfactorily and I'm sorry to hear of it.

She swears by it and practically resisted a good gloat when I showed her the
article, bless her. I think there are some other earlier studies that showed
no
effect, IIRC, but she believes it reinforces immune response.

All this means that when I catch a cold I usually have to take it. Nasty
tasting
tincture, prefer the capsules.

E. purpurea is the most active as I recall.

Our medical clinic has a doctor who is also trained as a homoeopath. He
recommends the tincture as being more effective than the capsules but I
don't know why. I've heard others say the same.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk