Old 27-06-2007, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Suggestions for Spring Veg?

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

Has anyone any suggestions for vegetables that can be planted for
harvesting during late Winter and Spring?

As much as I like leeks and Spring greens a bit more variety of fresh
greens would be nice at that time of the year.

Broad beans, one variety of them comes in spring. I can't remember whether
it's the "long" type, but Google will know.

Broad beans have got to be my favourite veg.

I'll investigate. What time of year should the seeds be planted for a Spring
harvest? Can you recommend a variety?

David.