Old 27-06-2007, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Suggestions for Spring Veg?

Choose your variety with care, in an urban environment the curly leafed
varieties will collect more rubbish than their stronger tasting somewhat
hardier flat leafed cousins.
--
steve auvache
A Bloo one with built in safety features

We're in a rural "in the middle of nowhere" environment. No rubbish to pick
up. The only air pollution is when the neighbouring farmer spreads manure on
the fields. While this makes the Mrs pull a face in disgust I was brought up
with farmyard smells (and also had a Summer job at a sewage works years ago
while a college student) so have no such aversion. In fact I take delight in
identifying the age of the manure and the animal responsible for it.
Some people can identify a wine by it's aroma, with me, its dung.

David.