Old 27-06-2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default OK - the first pond starts tomorrow

Pond, James Pond wrote:
Okay, so this was ten days ago. How's the dig coming, Gill?

Oh, yeah... Hi!

steve

Well it's not......since the last bit of excavating it has done nothing
but rain, and heavily at that. It's been wet and miserable and some of
the rain has been torrential. We've not had it as bad as some parts of
the country thankfully.

Today the weather has been a bit better but is still taunting me on the
digging. By around 3pm the "hole" had dried out enough for me to think
about starting digging again - but by 3.30pm we had had another downpour
and it's back to square one. So, right now I have a part dug, unlined
hole without around 1" of water in the bottom.....

No sign of much improvement with the weather in the near future - I
think this could be a long project unless we actually get a summer in
the UK....

Thanks for asking

Gill