Old 27-06-2007, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Suggestions for Spring Veg?

On Jun 27, 6:57 pm, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

Can you recommend a variety?

I will ask Edward as he is the one who chooses variety, he is in
France at the moment.

On the subject of poorly performing veg I also planted some Mache seeds a
couple of months ago and they are still only around 1 inch high and 2 inches
across. I planted lettuce and beetroot at the same time and they are either
large or eaten now!

Do you put pellets down - even friends who try not to use them are
getting desperate as everythign is being eaten by slugs.

I went to my parents grave yesterday to put on fresh flowers and the
ones that were almost a week old had been chewed by the dratted
things. I put a sea of green pellets all around the perimeter of the
grave to stop they entering near the granite.

Judith