Old 27-06-2007, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default bringing inside tomato plant or not?

On Jun 27, 9:30 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

I dry tomatoes (they're WONDERFUL

I have never dried them, I don't know how to but I do buy dried
tomatoes but they are expensive.

But most of them we eat. Every day, sometimes twice a day, the very last are
left until Christmas Eve when we have out traditional Christmas Eve supper
of home made pork pie (Jane Grigson's recipe) and fresh tomatoes.

You obviously have a storage place that is conducive to keeping them.

I make chutney but from other fruits,

I make tomato chutney with the addition of apples.

a neighbour gives me plums (which I
also freeze and dry) and if I don't have any fresh fruit to use and I
remember I make date chutney.

I was given a jar of date chutney last Christmas, it was good. I was
also given a banana chutney, it was err.. different.

As far as I'm concerned the combination of a dehydrator and freezer(s) are a
gift to the Modern Housewife :-)

What is a dehydrator?

We love tomatoes.

I know I saw you in that film about green tomatoes!! What was your
name again Miss ? G

Judith