Old 27-06-2007, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default bringing inside tomato plant or not?

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 27, 9:30 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

I dry tomatoes (they're WONDERFUL

I have never dried them, I don't know how to but I do buy dried
tomatoes but they are expensive.

What are sold as 'sun-dried' tomatoes are dried in commercial dehydrators.

But most of them we eat. Every day, sometimes twice a day, the very last
are
left until Christmas Eve when we have out traditional Christmas Eve
supper
of home made pork pie (Jane Grigson's recipe) and fresh tomatoes.

You obviously have a storage place that is conducive to keeping them.

Just our small kitchen :-)

I was given a jar of date chutney last Christmas, it was good. I was
also given a banana chutney, it was err.. different.

I don't like cooked banana in any form. Bleurch :-(

As far as I'm concerned the combination of a dehydrator and freezer(s)
are a
gift to the Modern Housewife :-)

What is a dehydrator?

A machine for drying stuff. It's usually electrically powered and warm air
is drawn over the item/s to be dried. There are various types.

We love tomatoes.

I know I saw you in that film about green tomatoes!! What was your
name again Miss ? G

er ... ?

Honestly, I've no idea what you're talking about!

Mary