Old 27-06-2007, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default So much rain!

Broadback writes
David (Normandy) wrote:

Quite likely, but I suspect no serious steps will be taken by any
governments until the trend is too late to reverse. Be interesting to
know where the next "stable point" regarding the weather will be and
whether it is beyond the extremes of human survival.

No steps will be taken until enough people feel it is enough of a
problem to be worth bearing the inevitable pain of trying to do
something about it. I was hoping that the last week's events would help
shift towards that and away from the attitude 'global warning? Britain
like the south of France? Bring it on!'

But global warming was bringing mild wet Winters and hot dry Summers.

It was also bringing many more extreme events, which is precisely what
we are seeing.

So another thing the experts have got wrong, like the cause, unless the
Martians are generating lots of carbon dioxide as well, because Mars is
warming up also. Still yet another excuse to get more taxes from us, so
that politicians and civil servants can be sure of their inflation
proof pensions.

Well, I suppose I can still hope.
--
Kay