Old 27-06-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Suggestions for Spring Veg?

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 27, 10:26 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

I hope you enjoy it. We're just back from Wales, we took our banties and
the
Eglu with us in the back of the car (Renault estate). We also had a lot
of
other stuff in the back of the car.

Amazing, I would never have thought of that, so, if I pack to go away
for the weekend, I can take my chickens with me in their Eglu, I have
never heard of chickens being taken on holiday before, they must have
thought they had died and gone to heaven!

Judith

Well, they've stayed in some places which even humans don't have the
privilige of sleeping in - more castles than I can remember for instance.
Last week they were on an organic farm with lots of things to scratch for
and more grass then they could imagine. It's very interesting that they
rarely leave the Eglu on the journey when we have a pit stop (although the
door is always open) but as soon as we stop at our destination they seem to
know, we open the hatch and out they fly and make themselves at home. At
night they always go into the coop, we don't have to shepherd them.

Mary
Should have said that they do tend to whine all the way to our destination,
"Are we nearly there yet?"