Old 27-06-2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default My fish are dying - please help

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:01:37 CST, wrote:

dark red/purple gills are either parasites, but most likely toxic
water conditions.
dimilin treats only lice or anchor worms. it would be easy to see
those with the naked eye.

The original poster, Carol, (From UK.) may have a different problem
and if I gave you bad information, I'm sorry. Your situation sounded
similar to mine, but I check water parameters and consider good water
parameters a given.

I've seen anchor worms, but I couldn't see any parasites when I looked
at the dead fish recently. I just did the water change and added the
second recommended dose of dimlin yesterday and the fish are
apparently feeling better since they come to the top more frequently
than before the dimlin treatment began.

Since I'm not seeing another problem your comments make me think I
should look closer, but my pH= 7.8, Ammonia= 0, NO2= 0, NO3= 0, and I
don't think checking salt, KH and GH is really applicable to my
situation, but if you have other ideas, I hope you guys know I respect
your opinion and am waiting to hear.

Regards,

Hal