Old 27-06-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
LeahMarie LeahMarie is offline

Default State of Our Ponds (SOOP)

Thank you Jim and Joe for the plants. My veggie filter will receive a
tremendous boost from these new additions as will the bio-mech
filters.
I am on my way to Laurel in the morning but will post some pictures
when I return.

Last year because of the proliferation of plants in the four filters,
I turned my UV filter off in Julyfor the remainder of the season and
had clear (very clear or 'crystal' clear) water all season long. This
year I will add some water changes to the equation to see if I can
help the growth of the koi and possibly their spawning. We will see.

Have a great week all! Oh, yes, I counted 13 blooms on my lilies
today! Yea!!

W Dale