Old 28-06-2007, 01:25 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default Blue Heron

"~ jan" wrote in message
But we weren't trying to solve your problem.

Jan, the man from the wildlife service told me some years ago that where
they are herons there are usually other fish predators. If someone's fish
are disappearing it's not necessarily all the work of the heron they spotted
fishing on their berm one day. They can spend $100 on a motion sprinkler
just to find fish still going missing. Nothing wrong with recommending the
sprinklers but I think they should be aware that herons may not be the only
one feasting at their pondside.

That's what gets me, someone
asks for suggestions, and if anything other than a net is suggested you
jump all over it in the negative.

See above.

Give them the positive about your
solution, and let me do so also. Thank you, ~ jan

I just want them to realize they may have more than herons to contend with.
They may buy one or more motion sprinklers just to find the fish are still
going missing - and why.

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.