Old 28-06-2007, 07:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default How do you put on bird netting over fruit trees?

For one thing your glasses wouldn't get tangled up in footsies or
ziplocks.

My pussy thinks the netting is a toy and loves to get all tangled in
it while I was trying to put it up.

Just covered my fig. However I think it was raccoons that were
stealing my figs last year because it was something heavy enough to
break branches.

I had everything from birds to skunks get tangled up in the nets. It usually
requred cutting them out, which seriously damaged the nets. The nets I
used were heavy duty, not the light bird netting sold in many stores.
Nevertheless, I had to do yearly maintenance patching all the holes made
by animals and branches. The sun also had a deteriorating effect on the
nets, making them weaker from season to season.

Sherwin D.