Old 28-06-2007, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default The ultimate mower for slopes

hobbes wrote:

Hi,

I have a slope lawn and I think this is just the gadget for solving
the problem. Sadly at 16,000 Euros, about $US 20,000 it is a bit
pricy. But it sure looks like fun.

What it is is a Kawasaki 17 hp mower hooked up to a 4wD mower base. It
is made in the Czech Republic in Europe. There is even a YouTube video
about it. And it is also radio
controlled so the operator is always safe. Tipping over of the mower
is O.K. because the operator can be up to 100 feet or more away. It
has a run time
of six hours and runs on regular gasoline. So unlike battery powered
machines it really has the power to mow stuff.

http://www.spider-cz.com/

Best, Mike.

Or get a scythe. http://www.scythesupply.com

It has to become a hobby though. I keep an acre mowed with a scythe,
a little each day.

An ``outfit'' will run you about $170. (snath, blade, stone, bar peen
hammer, larger anvil.) It will cost you about $1000 after you get
into it and get all the interesting blades, to get the perfect one
for each occasion. And of course you'll want extra snaths so you
don't have to swap blades so often just to cut over some uneven
terrain with a shorter blade, and so forth...
--
Ron Hardin