Old 28-06-2007, 01:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim[_7_] Jim[_7_] is offline

Default Getting rid of Crab Grass

On Jun 27, 4:33 pm, Steveo wrote:
Jim wrote:
WOW! Lots of response... Thank you.

I've been gone for a few days, sorry for the delay. I have posted 3
pics of the grass, although I don't know if you'll be able to figure
it out as to what it is:

1. www.moneytime.ca/grass-1.jpg
2. www.moneytime.ca/grass-2.jpg
3. www.moneytime.ca/grass-3.jpg

If someone can help first identify and secondly provide a cure, I
would appreciate it.

NOTE: I am located around the Hamilton/Toronto, Ontario (Canada) area
- So, in the summer when the igloo melts is when I'm concerned about
the grass. )

It's not crabgrass. It's hard to tell from those pics just what it is.

Is it a newer lawn? (less than two or three years old?)

--
http://newsreader.com/

It is more than two but less than 3.

I've just got my lawn mower fixed and now it looks like a proper lawn
again but there are patches of broad leaf grasses that grow faster
than the rest of the lawn. It's these thick patches that I am
referring to as crab grass. The patches scattered throughout the lawn
kind of look lit something that you would see on a cartoon.

Some of my neighbours have the same thing so I will try and find a
patch of it and take another pic. My wife took the pics that I
already posted and they don't show it very well.