Old 28-06-2007, 09:14 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
George[_6_] George[_6_] is offline

Default Algae in corners of pond

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"George" wrote:
"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
"George" wrote in message

The Ph seems to be really high for a freshwater pond. I keep mine at
7.4 or below. I also find it very hard to believe that your nitrate
levels are 0.

The algae may be soaking it up.

If there are no nitrates in the water, what is the algae feeding off
of?

That's where it's probably going!

There has to be some, otherwise the algae would not continue to grow.

Check out http://www.appliedbiochemists.com/cutrine.htm for algae
control.
It's fish friendly.

Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not forgotten. Thanks ! !
!
~Semper Fi~

I don't have an algae problem, though I'm sure the OP will appreciate the
link.

George