Old 28-06-2007, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default The ultimate mower for slopes

Scythe supply also sells a ``jig'' that you run the blade edge through
and hammer on, to get the ``correct'' peening, but I've had no great
luck with it. It creates an enormous amount of noise, however. It
also leaves you with a strikingly dull edge, requiring lots of
stoning to restore, even though it may (for all I know) be the
correct base edge as advertised. I prefer the bar peen hammer
and (larger) anvil, which leaves you with a nearly cut-ready edge.

Also you can peen it very very thin for grass.

--
Ron Hardin