Old 28-06-2007, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker middleton.walker is offline

Default Suggestions for Spring Veg?

Believe it or not I had snake (snake not steak)and kidney pie back in the
early 40's......served up by a Royal Navy chef in Columbo, Ceylon....very
tasty indeed. Suspect that was due to the chef's skill and not the combo
served. It tasted much better than rat meat....don't laaugh at that, rat
meat is better than starving.....H

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Zhang DaWei" wrote in message
-uwief...
On Thursday 28 Jun 2007 12:37, David (Normandy)
) wrote:

You've never had snake and kidney pudding?

Surely you mean Steak and Kid-Knee Pudding?

On a related matter, why is it that we in the UK have never taken to
eating
goat meat in a big way? And what is it called? Anything other than "goat
(meat)?

It's sold as mutton in our local shops (I live in the immigrant quarter)
but we eat goat a lot although not from the shops. there again, we (the
Fishers) eat sheep meat and cow meat rather than lamb, mutton, beef ...

Mary