Old 28-06-2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default What fruit is this?

spampot wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
Ham Pastrami wrote:
"Cathy Boer" wrote in message
They are wonderful plums; I have 2 trees of them, canned 100 bottles
last
year

Ok, I guess I did have an idea what they were after all.

It's just that I've always thought of plums as being very dark, maybe
these
are a different type or just not ripe yet? Thanks to everyone for
your help.

There are many varieties. I've seen plums that ranged from medium red
to almost black when ripe. And that doesn't even begin to include the
plum-apricot crosses such a pluot and aprium and
who-knows-what-sorta'-name-they'll-come-up-with-next.

Is a pluot different from a plumcot?

Who can tell? There are so many crosses and re-crosses that it all gets
pretty vague after a while. And given my luck growing fruit trees I
doubt that I'll be experimenting on my own.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]