Old 28-06-2007, 09:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default anybody with pH over 7.8 got floating plants?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:44:17 CST, Hal wrote:

What is your pH and what kind of filter plants (Not potted.) do you
have that are green and growing? I'm not against trying another plant
as a filter plant, I've just had good luck with water hyacinths most
years, but some years they don't grow in my pond.
Hal

I'll be interested in answers. Currently I'm at 7.8 in both the koi ponds &
a little stock tank. The koi pond ones in full sun, aren't doing well, yet
the stock tank ones w/morning only sun, are a bit better. The Lily Pond, at
8.2, are really sad. :-( But I haven't been able to grow WH for years.
Used to be it would grow out of the prefilter and totally hide it. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us