Old 29-06-2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Standing up pea plants

In harvesting peas today, I was able to compare peas that grow on the
ground to the ones supported by a tomato cage. Production is about equal
between the two rows of plants, so that's not a reason to stake or not
stake peas.

The main advantage in staking peas appears to be how far you've got to bend
to pick them. The ones that have been supported are much easier to get to
than the ones on the ground.

Puckdropper