Old 29-06-2007, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default bringing inside tomato plant or not?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:06:51 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ) :

snip

I've fried green tomatoes and they are very good. Last year I tried making a
green tomato puree and it waas not good - to our taste anyway. Still have no
idea about the film - we haven't a television and don't go to the cinema,
too busy with real life :-)

Wayhay! Good for you Mary. There are a lot of us about. Let's hear it for
those others who don't have a television :-) And before you ask, Judith (not
getting at you, but looking down thread at your question to Mary), yes we
have many radios, we do read the newspapers, we can if we want watch video
clips on the BBC web site - for instance of the house falling into the river
in Ludlow, which seemed pretty relevant to us.

And, what's more, we have finally after about 20 years got the TV Licensing
people off our back (ssshhh, don't tell them I said so). Not having a TV
does not mean we are out of touch, although it does mean we have never
watched Big Brother or Coronation Street. I am not getting at you Judith for
your question to Mary, just making a point for the rest of us since I do get
amazed at the sort of "but what do you do in the evenings? question. I even
had the classic one once, "but what do you watch?"!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation