Old 29-06-2007, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Beryl Harwood Beryl Harwood is offline

Default Echinacea?

The message
from "Uncle Marvo" contains these
words:
, I, Marvo, say :
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:19:08 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:52:28 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:40:08 -0700, La Puce
wrote:
On 28 Jun, 10:33, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
You have to *open* the tin? What, yourself?
I think Rosalind was preempting Delia's "how to cook" series,
many years
beforehand. I actually know people who wouldn't have the
foggiest idea how
to cook baked beans, boil an egg, or even grill bacon.
I blame Starbucks :-)

Sorry to back track a bit on this one, but I have not had chance to
follow it for a while.

When my eldest son was about 5yrs I was away from home for a few days.
He decided to 'help' dad with the tea for himself and siblings - he
carefully opened a large can of baked beans and tipped them into a
saucepan - then topped the pan up almost to the top with water! Well,
he had watched me cooking lots of times and of course when you 'cook'
something like potatoes or carrots you add water to the pan and bring it
to the boil. Naturally it was the last tin of beans in the cupboard!
Dad managed to rescue them, up to a point, but it was beans with no
sauce that night ) He has never lived that down
Beryl