Old 29-06-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Garden centre - Seed packets rant!

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
I've just been round a few garden centres looking for veg seeds that can
be sown at this time of the year.
Frankly I'm surprised some seed merchants are still in business or are
carried by garden centres.

In the first garden centre I looked, there were literally hundreds of
packets of seeds with no visible information on the front regarding sowing
dates and harvesting dates - this was buried in text on the back of the
packets. While this may not matter if you know before hand exactly what
you want to buy, it is a real pain in the rear when you are browsing for
seeds to plant in a given month. I gave up pulling packets off the shelves
to read so went to another garden centre.

In another garden centre the display was wonderful - their seed supplier
had a clear grid on the front of every seed packet so you could tell at a
glance what can be planted in what month and what months it can be
harvested. Brilliant.
Came away with several packets. Will shop there again.

Rant over!

David.

Are you going to tell us which the second was?

Mary