Old 29-06-2007, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Garden centre - Seed packets rant!

Sacha:

I've got to reply to your posting from here as a little accident with
Outlook Express wiped out uk.rec.gardening

Yes, I agree it can be worth while making suggestions or reporting failings
of a business to it's management when done with the best of intentions. It
depends very much on the business and who you actually get to speak to. At a
Walmart owned ASDA in England I took a pack of completely green - rotting
oranges from their display of "fresh fruit" to the information desk and the
member of staff couldn't have cared less, tossing them under the desk and
giving me a look of contempt for bringing them to her.

Just don't get me started on "customer service". The concept is unheard of
in France, especially with the telecomms companies who treat all their
customers with total contempt - a common theme on French forums.

David.