Old 29-06-2007, 05:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default anybody with pH over 7.8 got floating plants?

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:19:42 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

Try the potash. You have nothing to lose. With a high PH your Iron may be
tied up. The plants will look chlorotic or pale. I was told this on
another Forum years ago. I use Ironite in the pots of potted plants now and
that seems to have cure the problem. It leeches from the pots. I got the
bag of Ironite at Home Depot. I use 2 Tbs per potted plant mixed with the
fine gravel or soil.

I've tried potash, magnesium and iron. I never found the chelated
iron, but I'm guilty of using Ironite. Some years floaters don't do
well in my pond, period.

The only floaters I have are water lettuce and a few water hyacinths. The
parrots feather is rooted in the other plants pots. There are no more than
a couple of duckweed floating in the ponds where the fish can't reach them.

Must be great!

Regards,

Hal