Old 29-06-2007, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default aspidistra

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:09:45 +0100, "Neil Smith"
wrote:

Dear All,
I have a 30 year aspadistra. It did not have a happy year last year what
with heat and insect attack. It has put up no new leave this year. Any
suggestions on how I can save it. Would splitting be useful and how would I
do this.
Thanks Neil

Mine (only about 15 years old!) has been looking sad recently, in the
same place it's been in for ages. I decided to repot it, with some
good compost and am now crossing my fingers. I did notice some new
shoots around the edge so maybe some new leaves will come.
It might be worth you doing the same thing, if it has been in the same
pot and compost for some years.

Pam in Bristol