Old 29-06-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default aspidistra

"Neil Smith" wrote
I have a 30 year aspadistra. It did not have a happy year last year what
with heat and insect attack. It has put up no new leave this year. Any
suggestions on how I can save it. Would splitting be useful and how would
I do this.

We have one, well it's more than one now, that has been in Sue's family for
probably 150 years. I find if they are repotted into JI No.3 or even a
multipurpose they burst into life. Most of our one is now outside in our
garden where it is doing well planted in semi shade underneath trees, been
outside for some years now. Yet another large clump is in a neighbours
garden in a similar position.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden