Old 29-06-2007, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Agapanthus leaves gone purple!

On 29/6/07 20:50, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:37:52 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Chris, I suggest you contact Bowden Hostas, one of the National Collection
Holders:
http://www.bowdenhostas.com/
I asked Ray for his opinion and it's a new one on him. *Everyone* has had a
lot of rain lately, so if that were the cause, we'd hear about it from a lot
of urglers. All I can tell you is that here in the very wet but warmish SW,
our evergreen Ags are green, healthy and budding. In the meantime, could
yours have been 'caught' by some spray or other or even by a sudden cold
snap?

Thanks for the thoughts, but I don't think it's spray, although a cold
snap in the early spring is a possibility. Like yours, my other ags
are all healthy and budding up, although there are lots in flower in
west Cornwall, but not yet in my garden.

snip

And apart from the fact that I was, for various reasons, thinking also of
Hostas, heaven alone knows why I suggested you contact the Hosta Collection
holder about your ags! Talk about scatty! I do apologise.
The ag NC holder I was thinking of is: http://www.pcplants.co.uk/

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk