Old 30-06-2007, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID (with a difference!)

In message , "David
(Normandy)" writes
I feel a bit silly asking, but can anyone tell me what seeds I've bought (in
English)?
I don't know what these vegetables are. The sowing and cultivation
instructions seem simple enough, but I don't actually recognise what these
veg are let alone how to cook or prepare them after they've grown?

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/HPIM5546a.JPG

David.

Google is your friend. (Or perhaps Babelfish would have done the job as
well - I haven't tried it.)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarole

Cichorium endivia is known as endive in English.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poir%C3%A9e

Poirée is a leaf beet; the Interwiki takes you to the English page for
Chard. I'd translate Verte a Carde Blanche as green with white heart,
but my French dictionary doesn't have an entry for Carde, so that's a
guess.

I'm not certain which of chard, leaf beet or spinach beet would be the
best translation.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley